Monday, August 28, 2006

Technology for the Networked Pinoy

I hate technology.

My loathing for technology is rooted in its very nature: always in flux, always changing, always in motion. Many people would say that it is this very quality of technology that makes it so appealing and worthy of time. After all, without technology, I wouldn't be able to write this blog.

The problem with technology is that we always have to get the latest stuff, the newest stuff, the most powerful stuff. "Just get what's appropriate for your needs," my friends would tell me whenever I'm contemplating another tech purchase. Let's face it. If I was just going to buy stuff I needed, I'd end up with very little stuff. And none of it would be very cool, either.

And all that cool stuff comes at a price, you know. The best stuff is usually very expensive. I can honestly say that sometimes I work just to support this addiction.

Yes. I'm a tech addict.

No comments: